Talk about aging with grace. “I treat all my heroines like children now. I pick them up, cuddle them and call them baby”. That is how the birthday boy SRK has chosen to wear his age. Years may be catching up with him, but his fandom is only getting bigger by the day. He admits being flawed, witty, a loving friend, a protective father, a gooey romantic, even superstitious. All these real qualities make him very humane and relatable.
1. Khan was born on 2 November 1965 in a Muslim family in New Delhi.
2. He spent the first five years of his life in Mangalore, where his maternal grandfather, Ifthikar Ahmed, served as the chief engineer of the port in the 1960s.
3. According to Khan, his paternal grandfather, Jan Muhammad, an ethnic Pashtun (Pathan), was from Afghanistan.
4. Khan’s father, Meer Taj Mohammed Khan, was an Indian independence activist in Peshawar, British India (present-day Pakistan).
5. Khan’s mother, Lateef Fatima, was the daughter of a senior government engineer.
6. His parents were married in 1959.
7. Khan described himself on Twitter as “half Hyderabadi (mother), half Pathan (father), [and] some Kashmiri (grandmother)”.
8. Khan grew up in the Rajendra Nagar neighbourhood of Delhi.
9. His father had several business ventures including a restaurant, and the family lived a middle-class life in rented apartments.
10. Khan attended St. Columba’s School in central Delhi where he excelled in his studies.
11. He was also good at sports such as hockey and football.
12. Received the school’s highest award, the Sword of Honour.
13. In his youth, he acted in stage plays and received praise for his imitations of Bollywood actors.
14. His favorite actors include Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Mumtaz.
15. One of his childhood friends and acting partners was Amrita Singh, who became a Bollywood actress.
16. Although he has never won a National Film Award, he was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2005.
17. The Government of France has awarded him both the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, and its highest civilian honour, the Légion d’honneur.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!