in

Man Dies after Adding a Teaspoon of Caffeine Powder to Protein Shake

Man Dies after Adding a Teaspoon of Caffeine Powder to Protein Shake

Lachlan Foote died the day before his 22nd birthday after blacking out and never regaining consciousness in New South Wales, Australia.

Initially, there were rumors that Lachlan died of a drug overdose, reports news.com.au.

But his family learned of the fatal caffeine powder last week, when they finally received the coroner’s report.

The coroner’s report concluded that Lachlan died of caffeine toxicity after the 21-year-old unknowingly ingested a dangerous amount of the powder in a protein shake on New Year’s Day last year.

Just one teaspoon of the caffeine powder of the type he had was the equivalent of up to 50 cups of coffee.

His dad, Nigel, said: “It turns out that Lachlan came home after celebrating NYE with his friends and made a protein shake, innocently adding too much pure caffeine powder – a teaspoon is lethal.”

He bought the powder online from Amazon and, like many, used it in protein shakes.

“As long as I live I will hunt that stuff down,” his mother Kate told local media after his death.

A search of eBay shows pure caffeine powder is widely available in Australia.

“It’s just insane that something so dangerous is so readily available,” Nigel said.

“Please warn your friends, talk to your children and perhaps check your kitchen cupboards. Pure caffeine powder looks just like any other white powder, but a heaped teaspoon of it will kill you.”

Source – nypost.com

This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!

What do you think?

Newbie

Written by Harry Rosen

Harry Rosen is an accomplished explorer, photographer, creative director, speaker, and author.

Angry Elephant Chased Due To Foolish Activity by Tourists

Angry Elephant Chased Due To Foolish Activity by Tourists

A Russian, Stanislav Petrov, The Man Who Saved the World

A Russian, Stanislav Petrov, The Man Who Saved the World